In the evolving realm of technology and business strategy, the question echoes: Is there AI that can make charts and graphs? As businesses increasingly invest in cutting-edge data infrastructure and AI solutions, the focus sharpens on practical applications within analytics products.
Read on to discover how AI empowers organizations to expedite data exploration, harness diverse data sources, automate tedious tasks, and gain invaluable proactive insights, steering their strategic decisions.
Deloitte State of AI in the Enterprise, 5th edition found that 94% of business leaders believe AI is critical to success over the next five years. Most say it’s essential to driving outcomes, from cost reduction to entering new markets.
Gartner says that by 2026, more than 80% of enterprises will have used generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI) application programming interfaces (APIs) or models, and/or deployed GenAI-enabled applications in production environments, up from less than 5% in 2023.
For embedded BI users, AI enables them to:
- Explore and understand their data faster and easier by providing smart suggestions, in-product guidance, and natural language explanations.
- Leverage new sources of data that may not be easily accessible or integrated with their existing data.
- Automate data analysis, prep, and governance tasks that are often tedious, time-consuming, or error prone.
- Gain proactive insights that can guide their decisions and actions.
How helpful are AI and ML for data visualization?
Here is a quick rundown of some of the ways AI and ML can be deployed to aid or enhance data visualization.
- Transformation: AI can use algorithms to convert data from one modality to another (e.g., transform area sales figures into a geospatial visualization)
- Assessment: Rules-based systems can measure the relative quality of data sets (i.e., create scores or rankings)
- Comparison: AI can identify patterns and trends, noting similarities and differences in data
- Querying: Analysts can set up automated enquiries to find information based on a number of specific needs
- Reasoning: ML and AI tools can develop autonomous reasoning capabilities and come up with hypotheses (i.e., modelling and forecasting)
- Recommendations: AI in Business Intelligence (BI) tools can suggest data and/or visual encoding methods that may be insightful to users and decision-makers
- Mining: AI and ML can reveal insights from data visualizations without impacting the overall presentation of the data set
Types of AI Tools that can make charts and graphs
There are many types of AI tools that can help you make charts and graphs from your data:
- Natural language graph makers: These tools let you create charts and graphs in seconds using natural language commands. You can upload any CSV or spreadsheet, and then ask questions like “Show me orders by region” or “How many of my users use Gmail?”
- Storytelling platforms: These platforms use AI and ML to suggest the best visualizations for your data and help you tell stories with interactive content. You can choose from a range of templates, such as maps, timelines, quizzes, and more.
- Customizable chart generators: These tools turn CSVs and database tables into rich, interactive charts and graphs, and let you customise them with your own preferences.
These are just some of the examples of AI tools that can help you make charts and graphs from your data.
You can also use a data visualization and analytics platform that offers AI and machine learning features to help you create charts and graphs from your data.
Add value to AI with data visualization tools
To get the most out of their IT investments, companies need defined strategies for disseminating analytical findings effectively. The data story must be understood by not just stakeholders and analysts but every human touchpoint in your value chain.
On a fundamental level, data visualization forms part of a business’ output, so presentation matters. In fact, managers in organizations with optimized data visualization tools are 28% more likely to find timely information.
Furthermore, the same study found that 74% of companies can use data visualization tools to customize workflows to suit their team’s needs. Companies are also five times more likely to make important business decisions faster than their direct competitors when they use the right data visualization tools.
Consider the following benefits of investing in a powerful data visualization tool, like Vizlib, to elevate your organization’s approach to analytics and decision-making:
Boosts company collaboration
Visually displaying data can make information easier to grasp for everyone. And collaborative tools help to foster data literacy and boost adoption across your organization. Vizlib Writeback Table and Teamwork tools, for example, allow teams to quickly modify, change, and comment directly in your data visualization dashboards while remaining in the analysis flow.
Elevate your data storytelling and accelerate the path to decision-making
Effective solutions for data visualization enable users to meaningfully interact with data and use what they learn to make or support data-driven decisions. With approachable, intuitive tools that make self-service analytics easy and interesting, tools like Vizlib can take your organization beyond visualization, into action.
Future-proof your approach to analytics and decision-making
Devising what-if situations with data visualizations can improve your company’s strategic decision-making abilities. Vizlib Input Form allows you to change numerous Qlik Sense variables to formulate business simulations quickly.
From there, teams can use the findings to identify bottlenecks or inconsistencies to improve their operations and reduce errors.
Vizlib powers your AI visualizations
Data visualization tells the story of your business, so you need to make sure that it is compelling, accurate, and easy to understand.
Optimize Qlik Sense with Vizlib and scale your brand to new heights. Equip your business with all the visual storytelling components you need to get your stakeholders on the same page.
If you want to learn more about our dynamic data visualization tools, start a free trial now.
Unlock the power of Qlik Cloud. Vizlib enhances the capabilities of data visualization and analytics to give you unparalleled insight, so you can know faster and act sooner.